Monday 16 January 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage - £26.50





This is the first 'expensive' foundation I've ever bought. I have never spent over £10 on a foundation before just because I'm a tight ass and wont buy something expensive unless absolute necessary! I have had to take the plunge and buy something more expensive with the hope it will do exactly what I want. Full coverage, with that flawless finish.

I decided to buy Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage as I have seen some really good reviews on it and its a well known brand for quality. I nipped into my local Boots store at 5.30pm when I knew there wouldn't be a girl on the stand (they annoy me, sorry) and grabbed myself the lightest shade. Ivory.

I have written a small summary here but please 'read more' below to find a more in-depth review.

The ups...
Full coverage
Natural look as it blends and sits well
You only need a tiny amount (the foundation will last longer!)
Amazing staying power
Matte finish
Smooth finish

The downs...
The price- £26.50
This can look cakey if not applied the best way for your skin/routine.
Needs a few practice runs before you find the best way to apply.
The same coverage can be achieved from cheaper foundations, although the overall finish can't (I haven't found a cheaper one to do so yet).

This foundation is very thick and very dry. I have realised you need a good primer that will sit on your skin a little, rather than soak in completely to aid the application. I have also realised that you need to apply in small steps. For example, do your chin, then your cheek, then your forehead, then your other cheek. Just because it drys too quick to be able to do your whole face in one go.
Also, as I am used to cheaper foundations I always use quite a lot but you only need the tiniest amount of this foundation! When I first applied it, I applied waaaaaay too much and looked awful!

I apply this with my E.L.F Foundation brush. I first apply some primer and I then mix a little of my GOSH foundation with a little of this foundation and apply in small sections. I have found this works best for me as the GOSH foundation makes it easier to apply as it gives it some moisture.

I have found this foundation can be cakey in some places (eg the crease around your nose), so you have to be sure to give it a good rub with your hands after using a brush as I don't think a brush will do the job.

The staying power of this foundation is AMAZING!! I wore this foundation to work (9-5) and I then went kick boxing for an hour and a half, sweating like Lee Evans, and my foundation still looked good after. LIFE SAVER!

Unfortunately, even the lightest shade of this foundations isn't light enough for my super pale skin, so if you are really pale I wouldn't recommend. However, I use fake tan so once I tanned a little I could use a darker power to match it to my tan :)

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting a full coverage, flawless finish. It lasts so long, looks natural and leaves your face smooth to touch with no stickiness. Its a winner in my eyes and I will be sticking to this from now on (unless I find something even better, if I do I shall let you all know).

1 comment:

  1. You've made some really good points there. I checked on the web to find out more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.

    Stop by my page ... monclasseur

    ReplyDelete